Learn about an innovative cruise that focuses on grief support and memorialization of loved ones.
My guest Linda Findlay is an Aftercare Coordinator for funeral homes and a hospice bereavement support group facilitator. She is also the founder of The Grief Cruises™ and has escorted four groups on special cruises for the purpose of healing grief and honoring loved ones. She discusses her inspiration for this work and what to expect on a “grief cruise.” Learn more about her work at her websites:
This episode includes:
- Linda’s own grief journey that inspired her current work
- What is a grief cruise and who is it for
- The benefits of getting away from ordinary life when dealing with grief
- Activities included on the cruises: workshops, memory wall, candlelit memorial walk, night of remembrance
- These experiences help people go home with a coping “toolbox”
- How families can benefit from taking a grief cruise together
- How burial at sea for cremated remains is possible during a cruise
- Feedback from attendees on past cruises
- How participants learn that grief and joy can coexist
- How COVID impacted Linda’s work as a bereavement coordinator
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more and sign up for Grief Coach ($10 discount for 1 year)
- Previous episode: How Travel Helped My Grief
- Check out my YouTube channel!
- Leave me a message by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest patron Sharon, and to those who have bought me a coffee and made a donation through Paypal! Your contributions make all the difference.