Learn how to build resiliency to better cope with the overwhelming changes taking place in the world right now.
In this solo episode I talk about the necessity of change in life and what happens when the amount of change we are forced to deal with exceeds our capacity to manage it. I share some thoughts about the consequences of “change fatigue” and how to increase our resiliency to better deal with and grow from the experience of unexpected and unwanted change.
This episode includes:
- Why we resist change
- Why change is essential for growth
- The “Bucket Theory” of change
- The consequences of “change fatigue”
- The 6 building blocks of resilience:
- Values and beliefs
- Meaning and purpose
- Physical health
- Emotional health
- Tips for strengthening your own “building blocks”
- Lessons from the dying for coping with change
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world …
the master calls a butterfly.”
– Richard Bach
Links mentioned in this episode:
- IANDS 2020 Virtual Conference
- Get my book here: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!