Welcome to End-of-Life University Podcast with Dr. Karen Wyatt
If you’re new to podcasts here are the answers to some common questions about this media platform. I hope this helps you have an enjoyable experience listening and learning from the content I share.
What is a podcast?
A podcast is a series of audio recordings that you can download or stream from the Internet. This means you can listen whenever and wherever you want. Most podcasts are “shows” with episodes regularly released every 1-2 weeks. End-of-Life University (EOLU) Podcast features a new episode every week on Mondays! And you can also listen to older episodes at any time.
A podcasting app or program can be used to find a specific podcast and play any of the episodes you want to hear. With an app you can listen on your computer or your smartphone. If you “subscribe” to a podcast, you’ll be able to see when new episodes of the podcast are available, which makes it quite easy to listen.
Do I have to pay anything to listen?
NO! EOLU Podcast is totally free. There are opportunities to make small donations to help support the podcast but it’s not required or expected.
How can I listen to the podcast?
There are three different ways to listen and you can choose whatever method works best for you. However if you have a smartphone it is most convenient to listen through your phone because you can take it with you and listen on the go.
- Listen on the Episode page:
- Each podcast episode has its own webpage like this one
- On that page you’ll see an audio player near the top, underneath the photo and introduction; press the play arrow to listen
- NOTE: With this method you can only listen while connected to the Internet
2. Listen using the Apple Podcasts application on a Mac or PC computer:
- Apple Podcasts is a free Apple program available for both Mac and PC. Download it here if you don’t already have it.
- Click this link from any web browser, then click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”
- You will see the titles of all the podcast episodes listed on the next page
- If you click “Subscribe” Apple will save the episodes for you and you will be able to listen while offline
3. Listen with your smartphone or tablet
- For iOS (e.g. Apple device) users: iPhones and iPads now come with a Podcasts app pre-installed.
- Search the Podcast app for “End-of-Life University.” Once the app finds it, you will see the latest episodes and you just have to click on them to listen. To refresh the list you many to click on “See All Episodes” at the bottom
- If you Subscribe to the podcast you will automatically see all of the most recent episodes (this is the easiest way to listen)
- For Android users (Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc.): most Android phones now come with the Google Play Music app pre-installed.
- If your phone doesn’t have the app you’ll need to download an app from the Google Play store.
- Search for “End-of-Life University” and Subscribe to see and listen to all of the episodes
Is there anything I can do to help?
Yes! If you like the podcast please spread the word and help me grow the audience! Here are some other things you can do:
- Subscribe in your podcast app then leave a rating and review
- Tell your friends and co-workers about the podcast
- Use the share buttons on the website to share an episode webpage on social media or by email
- Join my team of supporters at Patreon.com/eolu and make a small monthly contribution to help keep the show on the air
Thank you in advance for supporting this podcast – it means a lot to me!