Today, as we prepare to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. I share some thoughts about gratitude and how to practice it even when we are suffering. The image of a phoenix rising from the ashes is an especially poignant symbol as thousands of people struggle to recover from devastating fires in California. Sending much love this week to all who are dealing with trauma and tragedy as we sit down to offer thanks for our blessings.
Meet me at EndWell Symposium on December 6, 2018 in San Francisco! Get in touch with me (email@example.com) if you’d like to connect during the symposium!
A HUGE THANK YOU to my latest patron on Patreon.com/eolu, Nancy Walker, and to all of my contributors! Your support means everything to me and I am grateful that you are part of my work. Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu.
The discussion includes:
- The benefits of practicing gratitude (read studies at www.gratefulness.org.)
- Improves relationships
- Improves physical health
- Increases wellbeing and happiness
- Increases empathy and compassion
- Decreases aggression
- Improves sleep
- Increases self-esteem
- Increases resilience
- Why the ego struggles with gratitude
- The negativity bias of the brain
- How to intentionally focus on the positive
- Find the hidden gem or miracle within each difficulty
- Why you only need a little gratitude to make a difference
- How to keep a gratitude journal
- The Gratitude Mantra
Wishing you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving with abundant reasons to be grateful this year!
Tune in next week for a brand new episode. If you enjoy this content please share it with others and leave a review on iTunes! (THANK YOU!!)
Until next week ….