Learn the inside story of this groundbreaking tour across America to promote conversations about death and dying.
My guest Kimberly Paul last appeared on End-of-Life University 2 years ago as she was preparing to embark on a courageous adventure: traveling across the US in an RV and teaching and talking about death and dying with people she met along the way. Today she returns to the podcast to share her inside stories of the Live Well Die Well Tour and the lessons she learned on her extraordinary journey. She is also the host of Death by Design Podcast and the author of the book Bridging the Gap: Life Lessons from the Dying. Learn more at her website:
This episode includes:
- What inspired Kimberly to create the Live Well Die Well Tour
- How she planned and prepared for her journey
- The ups and downs of a 2-year road trip in an RV
- Stories of Kimberly’s memorable experiences on the journey (including a special tow truck driver)
- How COVID-19 impacted her journey
- How she hopes to use the stories she’s gathered from across the country to inform Congress about changes needed to improve end-of-life care in the US
- What’s next for Kimberly in her quest to make a difference in how we approach death and dying
Links mentioned in this episode:
- My interview on Tell Me Your Story Podcast with Richard Dugan
- LIVE interview on The Dr. Pat Show: Thursday July 23rd 10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern
- Get my book here: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying
- Get Kimberly’s book here: Bridging the Gap
- Previous Interviews with Kimberly on EOLU:
- Death by Design Podcast
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!