Learn what steps you can take now to be ready for whatever life brings you in the future.
NOTE: This episode is dedicated to the memory of Kobe and Gianna Bryant and 7 others who died in a helicopter crash on the morning of January 26th – an unimaginable tragedy.
In this solo episode I share my thoughts on ways we might begin now to prepare ourselves for the inevitable challenges of life–when disaster strikes and death comes for those we love. Though we can never be fully prepared for the uncertainties of life there are things we can do to increase our resilience and improve our chances of surviving “the unimaginable.”
This episode includes:
- What to include in a “Go Bag” for sudden crises when there’s no time to spare
- Recommended books for your “Go Bag”
- Soothing music for difficult times
- Where to get Green Burial Wash for a bathing ritual after the death of a loved one
- The inner work that is necessary to strengthen your “boat” to carry you through the unimaginable
- Why you need to learn to be alone with your thoughts and emotions
- The importance of a forgiveness practice as you prepare for future challenges
- The “Five Remembrances” Meditation from Thich Nhat Hahn
There are moments that the words don’t reach
There is suffering too terrible to name …
We push away what we can never understand
We push away the unimaginableFrom “HAMILTON”
- What to do When Tragedy Strikes
- The Thorn and the Rose: Pain as a Portal for Grace
- Why It’s Good to be Mortal
Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, your contributions make all the difference!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes!