Learn how to use grief and loss to build bridges with others.
In this solo episode I talk about one of the key Mortal Wisdom lessons I’ve learned; everyone is grieving over something and grief can be a factor that unites us. This message is essential today as we face polarization and divisiveness that threaten to tear apart our society. I’ll discuss how to use our own grief to build a bridge toward others who are different from us.
This episode includes:
- Why we need to stand together right now
- How our grief unites us with others
- What wisdom traditions teach about grief
- Grief opens the heart to carry more love
- How to utilize grief as a bridge to others:
- Embrace your own grief and carry it lightly
- Notice signs of mourning and grief wherever you go
- Remember that everyone you meet has suffered loss and pain
- Before judging another acknowledge that person’s suffering
- Have conversations about grief and loss with those you conflict with
- Find harmony with others
- Share love rather than hatred
- Beware of “dark forces” that are trying to use our differences to fragment society; find commonality in our grief to heal the wounds of the planet and our communities
Forget the nonsense of there and here, race, nation, religion, starting point and destination. You are Soul and you are love. … Love is the bridge between you and everything.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Mortal Wisdom Series
- Beautiful Dying Expo – Nov. 2-3, 2019 – San Diego CA
- Spiritual Journeys in Chronic Illness Course – starts July 9th
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it)