Learn how to let go of expectations and your bitterness over life’s disappointments.
This is Part 2 of the Mortal Wisdom Series and I’ll discuss the lesson of Surrender and why we need to learn to let go in order to experience joy in life. These are the lessons we can learn from our mortality and how to thrive in life while knowing that death awaits. Listen to Part 1 first if you haven’t heard it yet!
This episode includes:
- How suffering increases when we believe that things should have been different
- How clinging to the need to control the events of life can lead to bitterness and regret
- Life flows like a river and we cannot control or stop the flow by resisting it
- Why staying attached to our expectations keeps us from experiencing what life is offering us in each and every moment
- How to reframe disappointments by being curious about what life is bringing
- Journaling practice to identify attachments and resentments so that they can be reframed
- Bridge ritual for letting go of attachments and receiving the flow of life
- Untying the knots as a practice for letting go (Thank you to our beloved angel Megory Anderson and her book Sacred Dying)
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Mortal Wisdom Part 1
- What Really Matters: 7 Lessons for Living from the Stories of the Dying
- Handout: Tao of Death Extra Quotes
- Sacred Dying by Megory Anderson
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new patrons Alive & Mortal, Phyllis Nickel, JoAna Dwyer, and Seth Edelman.
1 thought on “Ep. 183 How to Let Go of What You Thought Should Happen”
Reblogged this on Bright, shiny objects! and commented:
Another great wordpress.com blogger – this one is using WordPress as a podcast hosting system!