Learn how to navigate life’s difficulties by letting go of expectations and attachments.
My very special guest this week is Gia George (my daughter!) who joins me in a conversation about the spiritual task of surrender and the challenges we face in life trying to let go and be in the flow, especially when things are not turning out the way we hoped. She shares her latest song Will You Fly at the end of the episode and you can also watch the video of this discussion on YouTube! Learn more about Gia’s work at her website:
This episode includes:
- What does it really mean to surrender
- Why we need to practice surrender in our world right now
- How surrendering to “what is” allows creativity and healing to flow
- How to stop fighting what is happening in life and focusing energy on living the best life anyway
- Learning that we are already on the path we seek, even when we don’t realize it
- Tips for surrendering in each moment:
- Recognize that you are holding on and resisting change
- Understand what you are attached to
- Journal about the process
- Mantra: I’m already where I’m trying to go
- Mantra: Right now, I’m okay
The mystery unfolds slowly. Who knows what this precious life may bring? … Will you leap beyond what’s known and take flight?Gia George – from “Will You Fly”
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Gia’s website
- Episode 219: Rituals for Letting Go with Gia George
- Lyrics to Will You Fly
- Watch video of this episode on YouTube
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest Patrons Maya Jones and Kimberly Wise, and thanks also to Diane Button for upping your pledge! Your contributions make all the difference!