Learn how the lessons learned from patients at the end of life can help us navigate the challenges confronting us right now.
This episode features a conversation with Suzanne B. O’Brien RN, founder of the International Doulagivers Institute as we discuss the many lessons we have each learned from our work with patients at the end of life and how they have helped us grow spiritually. Both of us experienced a profound transformation in our lives because of the wisdom shared by our patients and now benefit from greater resilience that helps us navigate difficult times. As we all face unprecedented challenges due to the global pandemic and economic crisis, now is the right time for everyone to learn these lessons and find greater hope and joy in the small moments of life.
This episode includes:
- How Suzanne and I became inspired to create a workshop together
- Why these lessons from the end of life are so important right now
- How we each feel that our painful life experiences have been the key to spiritual growth
- The recognition that we are all connected in consciousness
- Life has a greater meaning than we realize
- Why unconditional love is the only thing that really matters in life
- How forgiveness deepens our ability to love but is not commonly taught
- How our expanded consciousness can help us find our true purpose in life and live authentically
- How spiritual growth inspires us to be of service to others
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Previous episode on Integral Consciousness
- Love Over Fear story on Loving the Unlovable
- Vigil for Global Compassion: Audio or Blog
- Suzanne’s website: DoulagiversInstitute.com
- Link to our upcoming workshop: Top Lessons Learned from Those at the End of Life: How to be Resilient in Difficult Times
- Get 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying here
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest Patrons: Stine Relsted. Your contributions make all the difference!