Learn why the suffering we have endured in 2020 might be the prelude to growth and transformation in the future.
Today I’m sharing with you an interview from the Good Grief Radio Show where host Cheryl Jones talked to me about my new book The Journey from Ego to Soul. We have a wonderful conversation discussing the transformation that is possible after everything falls apart in life and the lessons that we can learn when we make this inward, spiritual journey. Check out Cheryl’s radio show at the link:
Get The Journey from Ego to Soul here
This episode includes:
- Why 2020 is a ripe time for self-exploration and growth
- Why we can’t skip over the suffering of life
- We can’t “fix” other people – we can only support their journey
- The challenge of COVID is to learn to share love when we can’t be in the same physical space
- Galaxy view of life vs Garden view
- We have to love ourselves first before we find a healthy partner
- When we are unable to forgive we keep our energy tied up in the past
- Being fully present allows us to find our “purpose” more easily
- Why it’s important to learn how to surrender to what life is bringing us
- Enjoy each moment because nothing lasts and everything changes
- Poem by Maria Eugenia Vaz Ferreira
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Conference on Death and Bereavement Studies: A Professional Development Symposium – January 10, 2021 Learn more here
- Spiritual Journeys in Chronic Illness Course – with Terri Daniels – starts January 7th Learn more here
- Sign up for the 2021 online reading group A Year of Reading Dangerously at this link
- Support you local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest supporter Jen! Your contributions make all the difference!