Learn some quick and easy stress management tools to improve health and joy during challenging times.
My guest Roger Moore is a certified hypnotherapist who helps people at the end of life with anxiety, depression, pain and other symptoms. His latest book Becoming the Greatest Expression of You contains tips and practices for overcoming the shame and fear of the past to live life more joyfully now. He discusses how these stress-reducing practices might help caregivers stay healthier as they offer care and support to their loved ones. These suggestions are also perfect for all of us as we navigate the stresses of life. Learn more at Roger’s websites:
This episode includes:
- How we can rewire the brain even until the moment we die
- How to experience joy even during times of pain and difficulty
- When we are able to recognize the presence of stress in our bodies we can more easily shift out of it into a state of joy
- How laughter can change an entire day
- Using a practice of “mental rehearsal” to envision things going well instead of badly
- How caregivers can learn to ask for help from others
- Simple tips for using meditation to help with stress
- The importance of practicing gratitude every day
- How to use self-forgiveness to move past blame and shame when things go wrong
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Check out What Really Matters Podcast
- Leave me a message by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and receive free gifts like the “Mind if we talk about death?” mini-poster or Love Your Life sticker or coffee mug. PLUS get our regular bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, occasional movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference.