Learn about the power of laughter to reverse the effects of stress, improve our health and prevent burnout.
My guest Janet Carroll has had a dual career with 48 years in nursing and 35 years as a massage therapist, which have given her not only decades of experience in health services, but also a special insight into wellbeing. She is also a certified Laughter Yoga Leader and Instructor and will share today how laughter can help us improve our health, prevent burnout, and find deeper joy in life. In addition, I will be hosting a free experiential webinar with Janet on Laughter Yoga on February 17th! Learn more about her work at her website:
Register for the FREE webinar here!
This episode includes:
- What exactly is laughter
- Why you don’t have to be happy in order to laugh
- The history of Laughter Yoga
- The catastrophic effects of stress on the body and how laughter counteracts them
- The benefits of laughter for individuals and groups
- How Laughter Yoga can help prevent burnout
- Why it’s better to laugh out loud than to laugh internally
- What you’ll learn at the upcoming FREE webinar with Janet
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Register for the webinar on February 17th, 4 pm Pacific/7 pm Eastern here; you’ll receive the replay if you can’t attend live
- Buddha on the Train video: https://youtu.be/Lakg26y2nhg
- Book: Anatomy of an Illness: As Perceived by the Patient by Norman Cousins
- Heartmath Institute: https://www.heartmath.org
- Sign up for the 2021 online reading group A Year of Reading Dangerously at this link
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest supporters Jen Davidson, Alissa Silva and Brittany J. Ellis! Your contributions make all the difference!