Learn how personalized text messages can help with the grief process for the bereaved and their support persons.
My guest Emma Payne is a seasoned entrepreneur and MIT graduate who is the founder and CEO of Grief Coach, a company that provides meaningful support to those who are experiencing loss and bereavement. She shares how Grief Coach offers personalized text messages to people who are grieving and to their support persons and why it is so effective. Learn more at the website:
This episode includes:
- What inspired Emma to create Grief Coach
- Our society lacks education about grief, particularly in challenging situations
- How Grief Coach works
- What types of loss and grief are supported through Grief Coach
- What changes occurred for Grief Coach as a result of the pandemic
- Sources for the tips and suggestions that are provided by text message
- Research behind text-based grief support and why it is effective
- How Grief Coach includes supporters of the bereaved in their messages
- How Grief Coach works with hospices to offer benefits to their bereavement programs
- How Grief Coach also helps clinicians manage end-of-life situations and deal with their own grief on the job
- Grief Coach can be given as a gift to a bereaved person
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Replay of Q&A Session with William Peters on YouTube
- My affiliate link to Grief Coach (get $10 discount on subscription): www.grief.coach/eolu
- Leave me a message by email: email@example.com, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and receive free gifts like the “Mind if we talk about death?” mini-poster or Love Your Life sticker or coffee mug. PLUS get our regular bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, occasional movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest patrons Morgan Rakay and Patti Stueland! Your contributions make all the difference.