Learn about exciting new technology that promises to help more patients be referred for hospice and palliative care in a timely manner.
My guest Jeremy Powell is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Acclivity Health Solutions, a company that aims to transform the management of advanced illness while honoring the patient’s dignity, goals and values. He discusses how technology can help us solve some of the greatest challenges we face in the provision of end-of-life care and why we should embrace technology rather than feel intimidated by it. Learn more at the website:
This episode includes:
- Current healthcare challenges (including hospice and palliative care) that urgently need to be addressed
- How COVID-19 has impacted these challenges
- What technology is being developed to address the challenges facing hospice and palliative care
- How Machine Learning can provide data that leads to more timely referrals to hospice and palliative care
- Why lack of interoperability in electronic health records is a deterrent to good patient care
- How the “3rd Platform” for EHR’s will deconstruct the silos that have existed in healthcare
- How COVID-19 helped accelerate acceptance of telemedicine
- Why it’s necessary to look at healthcare finances in order to ensure the survival of hospice in the future
- Why a technology-driven approach to care does not threaten but can enhance patient-centered care at end of life
Links mentioned in this episode:
- A Year of Reading Dangerously – Register here
- Download 2022 Book List on this page: www.eoluniversity.com/yearofreading
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new patrons Mary Ganapol and Katherine Pettus! Your contributions make all the difference.