Learn about an online marketplace for caskets that is a game-changer for the funeral industry.
My three guests–Scott Ginsberg, Liz Siegel, and Josh Siegel–are the co-founders of Titan Casket, an online marketplace that sells caskets directly to consumers. The mission of Titan Casket is “to offer designer caskets at revolutionary prices, while driving affordability and transparency in the funeral industry.” Today they’ll share why the casket and funeral industries are in need of disruption and how their online service works for consumers. We’ll talk about technology in general and how it is currently changing every aspect of end-of-life planning. Learn more at their website:
This episode includes:
- What inspired the creation of Titan Casket
- Why now is the right time for a disruption in the funeral industry
- How their online marketplace works for consumers
- The “Funeral Rule” and consumer rights in funeral planning
- How Titan Casket can actually benefit funeral directors
- How an “on-demand” casket company can meet the unique and creative needs of consumers with a rapid turn-around time
- Why death doulas, home funeral guides and alternative funeral directors should know about Titan Casket and their eco-friendly caskets
- How technology is impacting other areas of end-of-life care
Links mentioned in this episode:
- My new podcast: What Really Matters – Everyday Spirituality
- The Funeral Rule: Guide to funeral planning rules and regulations (state-by-state)
- Eco-friendly Caskets
- CAKE app: Interview with founder Suelin Chen
- Lantern: Interview with founder Liz Eddy
- Better Place Forests
- Sign up for the 2021 online reading group A Year of Reading Dangerously at this link
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest supporters Kelly Bean, Leslie Alin-Tewes, Karen Friedman and Kyle Tevlin! Your contributions make all the difference.