Learn how the innovations of the past year are going to create more positive change in 2022!
In this final episode of 2021 I’ll share with you some of the innovations of 2021 that are going to be driving further change in the coming year. I’ll remind you of some of the conversations from this past year that provide potential solutions to the issues we are currently facing around end-of-life care. And we’ll recognize that amidst all the pain and sorrow of this pandemic year there has been much to be grateful and joyful about! (This episode is overflowing with information so keep a pen and paper handy to make note of interviews you may want to hear!)
This episode includes:
- There has been an increased interest in advance care planning due to the pandemic. Check out Episode 283 about Mideo – video technology for EOL planning
- There is still great need for EOL education everywhere in our society – Episode 300
- Technology is disrupting every aspect of EOL care, including grief – Episode 313 about the Grief Refuge App
- Palliative Care is expanding and being embraced more and more – Episode 325
- Help needed for burnout
- The importance of storytelling
- Psilocybin therapy at EOL – Episode 295
- NDEs and other phenomena are becoming more accepted – Episode 296
- Disruption of the funeral industry – Episode 291
- There is a “tsunami” of grief impacting the world right now
- Permission to talk about suicide – Episode 310
Links mentioned in this episode:
- A Year of Reading Dangerously – Register here
- Download 2022 Book List on this page: www.eoluniversity.com/yearofreading
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new patrons Teri A. Portugal Gooden and Cari Zlotnick; and thank you Brittany Ellis for increasing your monthly pledge! Your contributions make all the difference.