Learn about an innovative new smart phone app that provides connection and inspiration for people experiencing grief.
My guest Reid Peterson is the creator of Grief Refuge, a website which provides tools, resources and support to help navigate grief’s lonely journey. He has also created the Grief Refuge mobile phone app that provides daily support to people in grief. He discusses how technology can help us overcome loneliness and isolation during the grief process and shares what he has learned about Grief Companioning through his training. Learn more at the website:
This episode includes:
- How Reid was inspired to create Grief Refuge
- How an app can provide support during the grief process
- Who can benefit most from using the Grief Refuge App
- The unique features of the app
- Ask the Author
- Daily Refuge (w/ paid subscription)
- What is Grief Companioning
- Why Grief Companioning is more helpful to some people than traditional therapy
- How to get the Grief Refuge App and start using it
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Register for Workshop: Surviving the Aftermath of Suicide – September 9th, 1-3 pm Pacific
- Get The Journey from Ego to Soul ebook directly from me
- Get the Grief Refuge App for your phone
- Follow Grief Refuge on Instagram and Facebook
- Dr. Alan Wolfelt – Center for Loss and Life Transition
- Sign up for the 2021 online reading group A Year of Reading Dangerously at this link
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!