Learn how to incorporate the ritual of pilgrimage into your daily life, especially as a tool for grief.
In this solo episode I discuss the benefits of pilgrimage for spiritual growth and for helping with grief. I’ll share with you how I’ve created “mini”-pilgrimages in my own community that have helped me on my own grief journey to shift my energy, honor my loved ones, and deepen my own transformation. You’ll learn how and why you might want to try this ritual for yourself.
This episode includes:
- Why pilgrimages are beneficial
- Characteristics of sacred spaces that inspire pilgrimages
- How a pilgrimage can help with grief
- How to choose a time and place for a mini-pilgrimage
- Planning for the journey
- Tips for getting the most from a mini-pilgrimage
- Rituals during the journey
- The Sacred Sites Meditation Technique from Martin Gray
- Returning from a pilgrimage
The sacred sites, the pilgrimage places … are where people most passionately give praise and prayer to God. Go there, be present in that divinity, be in love with that love.– Martin Gray
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Special offer on Patreon: Autographed copy of What Really Matters! (Offer lasts through 1/27/2020)
- Sign up for the Teaching Guidelines for a Death & Dying Class
- Martin Gray’s website – Sacred Sites
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest Patron, Richard Schneider; your contributions make all the difference!