Learn why self-care and love are essential tools to master right now as we navigate these days of grief, transformation and healing.
My guest Suzanne O’Brien is a hospice and wellness nurse, international speaker, and bestselling author. She the founder and creator of The International Doulagivers® Institute and the Doulagivers® Life Class and Wellness Membership. She has traveled the world educating and helping build training programs to support community-based end-of-life care globally. She shares the tools she teaches for self-care during difficult times and why it’s so important to love ourselves. We’ll also learn about a new initiative launching November 1st to train 1 million people around the world to care for people at the end of life and to live their own best lives. Learn more at the website:
This episode includes:
- How the pandemic has shifted our energies these past 2 years
- How Suzanne’s Life Café met the needs of her community during lockdown and continues to reach people from around the world
- Why we especially need to tend to our own physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs right now
- Why stillness is important as we connect with our inner selves
- True self-care requires self-love
- A morning practice for self-awareness and care
- Changing our inner world to be more loving will change how we perceive the world outside of us
- The One Million People Trained Campaign
Links mentioned in this episode:
- What Really Matters Podcast
- Episode 238 with Martha Calihan
- Martha Calihan’s book: A Death Lived
- Sign up for Martha’s book relaunch party
- Sign up for The One Million People Trained Campaign (Free)
- Sign up for Life Café (Free)
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference.