Learn about a helpful book of stories dealing with death, dying and the end of life and how you can contribute your own story to the next book in the series.
In this episode I present my conversation with the co-editors and co-curators of the book Journey’s End: Death, Dying, and the End of Life – Julie Saeger Nierenberg and Victoria Brewster.
Learn more about the book at journeysendbooks.com
This episode is sponsored by Authentic Presence training for healthcare providers from the Spiritual Care Program. You can receive a certificate in contemplative end-of-life care by completing this series of three courses, including an 8-day residential immersion retreat. Highly recommended!
Learn more here.
Today Julie Saeger Nierenberg and Victoria Brewster join me to talk about their book Journey’s End: Death, Dying, and the End of Life, which is a compilation of quotes, stories and resources that look at death from various perspectives. In our conversation we discuss:
- How Julie and Vikki ended up collaborating on this book
- How the stories in the book are organized:
- Personal Stories of Professionals and Lay People
- Professional Support and Caregiving Perspectives
- Funeral Home, Post-Death and Alternative Burial
- Grief and Bereavement
- How they chose the contributors for the book
- The feedback they’ve received from readers
- How this book of stories can be useful in many settings for both professionals and lay people
- How to submit a story for the next book in the series which will feature various cultural, ethnic and religious perspectives on death and dying
Read more about the book here.
Tune in every Monday for a new episode! If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes!
Until next week:
Face Your Fear BE Ready Love Your Life