Learn about an innovative new app for storing and sharing image and stories of our lives and those of our loved ones.
My guest Tim Roberts is an artist, musician, app developer, idea our and dreamer who lives in Calgary Canada. He created the digital legacy project Echobox Memory Vault™ and worked with a developer to turn it into an app. Today he will tell us how the app works and why it’s important for us to save and share our memories as stories and images for our loved ones. Learn more about Echobox Memory Vault™ at the website:
This episode includes:
- How Tim was inspired to create Echobox
- Who can benefit from using Echobox and how it works
- How privacy and security are maintained in the Echobox app, unlike many social media sites
- Why it can be helpful to preserve memories digitally
- The importance of stories to help us makes sense of the past and inspire future generations
- The positive response of the healthcare world for Echobox
- How Echobox helps connect people who can’t be together because of COVID
- How Echobox can help with grief and bereavement
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Register here for Laughter Yoga Webinar (now scheduled for March 10, 2121; get the replay if you can’t attend live)
- Video with Stan Beaton that inspired Tim to create Echobox
- News story on CTV about Echobox
- Follow Echobox on Instagram
- Contact Tim by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the 2021 online reading group A Year of Reading Dangerously at this link
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest supporter Carrie Andrews! Your contributions make all the difference!