Learn how this hospice nurse is supporting other nurses by providing employment that allows them to improve their work-life balance.
My guest Shelley Henry has been a registered nurse for over 30 years, with 20 of those years served in hospice. She is the creator of the popular Instagram channel For Hospice Nurses where she shares quick video tips from her many years of experience to make work a little easier for her colleagues. Shelley is also the founder of the Amity Group, which she started with the primary goal of bringing experienced hospice nurses back to the field while maintaining a fulfilling personal life. She discusses how her innovative company helps hospice nurses create the work life they desire while filling in the gaps for hospice companies. Learn more at her website:
This episode includes:
- Why Shelley was drawn to work in hospice
- The rewards and challenges of being a hospice nurse
- Why some hospice nurses leave the field
- Shelley’s top tips for hospice nurses
- The issues that hospice nurses are most concerned about now
- How redundant documentation is causing stress and wasting precious time for hospice nurses
- Why Shelley created Amity Staffing
- How this model benefits nurses who still want to work in hospice but need more control over their schedule
- How hospices are benefitting from having well-trained contract nurses available to fill in the gaps
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Shelley on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/forhospicenurses/
- Leave me a message by email: email@example.com, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu and to those who have bought me a coffee and made a donation through Paypal! Your contributions make all the difference.