Learn why and how to create rituals to deal with the normal losses of life.
My very special guest for this episode is my beautiful daughter Gia George, who is a singer-songwriter, yoga and meditation teacher, sound and energy healer, and spiritual teacher. As part of her work in the world she creates ceremonies for people going through life’s transitions, including channeling music for those experiencing loss. We discuss our own losses, the need for rituals, and how to a craft a ceremony capable of holding our grief. Learn more at her website:
This episode includes:
- How rituals can help us let go and “cross the bridge” into a new life
- “Grief-cleaning” and how it can help us open to our pain
- A spontaneous ritual for leaving and letting go of the past using gratitude and mandala-making
- Why we can’t rush into letting-go rituals
- Why rituals can be valuable even many years after a loss and how to create one
- The balance between holding on and letting go
- The things that weigh us down can prevent our creativity
- A ritual can be an accessible container for our grief process
- The power of music in rituals
Mantra for letting go: There will come a time to leave, but I will never stop loving you.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- It’s Just Life! Podcast (with Gia and Karen)
- Episode 206 – The Dance of Life and Death: Timing
- Gia’s website: www.divinelygia.com
- Gia’s song after the death of a friend: Ryde This Wave
- Gia’s album: Healing Chants
- Good Mornings with Gia
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it)
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, your contributions mean everything to me!