Learn how we can help humanity and the planet get through a challenging new year.
In this solo episode I share a discussion about what we can and should bring to the world this year as death-aware, death-positive individuals. During the past year the world has been turned upside down with the global pandemic, economic downturn, systemic racism, and climate change. As we begin this new year we are still suffering but we are better prepared for the changes that are happening and the world needs us to get through these difficult days.
This episode includes:
- Many people in our society are dealing with despair, depression, anxiety and shock after being exposed to the reality of our fragile existence here.
- Those of us who are comfortable with death need to step up to help others cope with change
- The world needs from us:
- We need a non-dual approach to overcome the polarization of our society
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Conference on Death and Bereavement Studies: A Professional Development Symposium – January 10, 2021 Learn more here
- Spiritual Journeys in Chronic Illness Course – with Terri Daniels – starts January 7th Learn more here
- Sign up for the 2021 online reading group A Year of Reading Dangerously at this link
- Support you local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest supporter Delores Hammons! Your contributions make all the difference!