Learn a new perspective on devastation and destruction as part of the natural cycle of life.
In this solo episode I share reflections on the devastation caused by wildfires and what we can learn about the cycle of life from that destruction. The transformative power of fire is discussed and how we can utilize the “fires” of our lives to help us grow in love.
This episode includes:
- What the Yellowstone National Park fire of 1988 teaches us about the cycle of life
- The new birth that follows from destruction and death
- How forests benefit from wildfire
- A story about Kali, the Hindu goddess of death and destruction, but also of love
- How the fire of Kali burns away what doesn’t serve us and transforms it to love
- Recognizing that fires and death are an essential part of the cycle of life
- Seeing the “big picture” when devastation occurs
- New growth includes creativity, spontaneity, surprises and miracles
- Finding gratitude for the cycle of life
Yellowstone is not an ending or a beginning.
It just goes on and on and on.
The difference is whether we choose to live
Seeing the wingspan of a heron glide through
The Burnt forest or not.”from Shards of Yellowstone by Katya Williamson
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 215 : Death’s Big Tent
- Poetry Book: Shards of Yellowstone
- Katya Williamson’s Book – Bringing the Soul Back Home: Writing in the New Consciousness
- Om Namo Kali: Healing Chants by Gia
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, your contributions make all the difference!