Learn about a short film that was created to encourage people to plan for and have conversations about the end of life.
In this episode I welcome two guests to discuss the short film Honoring Choices that is a powerful tool for persuading people to plan for and talk about the end of life. Elizabeth Coplan is the founder of Grief Dialogues and the creator of the stage play Honoring Choices that ultimately became the film we are featuring. Halle Williams is the marketing director for both Grief Dialogues and Honoring Choices and the co-host of Out of Grief Comes Art Podcast along with Elizabeth. Learn more about their work at the website:
This episode includes:
- What inspired the creation of the film Honoring Choices
- The true story behind the film
- What Elizabeth and Halle hope the film will accomplish
- The serious racial disparity in completing advance directives and how the film helps address this issue
- The power of storytelling and how the film uses story to teach
- The premiere of Honoring Choices at the Reimagine Festival in LA
- How to use the film for teaching for hospices, hospitals, schools, churches
- How to sponsor a screening of the film
- Inspiration for the podcast Out of Grief Comes Art
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Out of Grief Comes Art Podcast
- Leave me a message by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and receive free gifts like the “Mind if we talk about death?” mini-poster or Love Your Life sticker or coffee mug. PLUS get our regular bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, occasional movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
- Buy me a coffee
- Donate on Paypal
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest patron Maggie Dial! Your contribution makes all the difference.