One of the most challenging years of our lives is drawing to a close and it’s time to honor all of the grief we have experienced.
In this final episode of 2020 I share some poems and verses that have helped me give words to the grief I’ve experienced this year. It’s important to grieve what has been lost before we move on to setting goals and making plans for next year so this final week of 2020 is the perfect time to “be” with our grief. Wishing you a blessed ending to this year and a hopeful and meaningful beginning of the new one!
This episode includes:
- Why we need to make a place for our grief
- Poem: Talking to Grief by Denise Levertov
- Why we cannot understand our own grief when we are in the middle of it
- Quote from Morihei Ueshiba
- How a non-dual perspective of grief helps us eventually find our own answers within rather than outside of ourselves
- Verse by Lao Tzu
- Learn to just “be” in grief rather than “doing” grief
- Poem: Inukshuk by Rob Jacques
- Finding grace in little reminders that others have also traveled this road of grief
- Prayer by Molly Fumia
This is the miracle you already have … and always ask for … in your moments of forgetful suffering.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 267: Holding All the Joy and All the Sorrow
- The Conference on Death and Bereavement Studies: A Professional Development Symposium – January 10, 2021 Learn more here
- Spiritual Journeys in Chronic Illness Course – with Terri Daniels – starts January 7th Learn more here
- Sign up for the 2021 online reading group A Year of Reading Dangerously at this link
- Support you local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!