In this solo episode I share my thoughts on the fact that joy and sorrow are interwoven throughout our lives just as life and death are inextricable connected. Using stories and poetry I discuss how to carry both joy and sorrow without denying or repressing the pain of our personal and collective grief.
This episode includes:
- How current events are requiring us to learn to hold joy and sorrow at once
- Why we need a strong spiritual core as we go through life in 2020
- How to strengthen our spiritual core:
- Go deep within
- Assessment the alignment between your inner values and outer behavior
- Practice being in the present moment
- Lovingkindness Blessing
- Why we need to mourn our losses (personal and collective) on a daily basis and how to do it
- The importance of “finding the good” within our pain and sorrow
- Poems shared:
- “Joy and Sorrow” by Kahlil Gibran
- “Love Sorrow” by Mary Oliver
- “In Lieu of Flowers” by Shawna Lemay
Links mentioned in this episode:
- View the cover of my next book (The Journey from Ego to Soul) here
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!