Enjoy this thoughtful discussion about grief as we move into another holiday season.
My guest Francis Weller is a psychotherapist and the author of the book The Wild Edge of Sorrow: Rituals of Renewal and the Sacred Work of Grief. He discusses the importance of engaging grief in our personal lives and as a community and shares stories of the power of grief-work to change our lives. Learn more about his work at his website:
This episode includes:
- Why we need to honor grief in order to save the planet
- The capacity of nature to help us heal our grief
- How to help children establish a relationship with grief
- How grief has become attached to other emotions like fear and anger
- The intimate connection between grief and joy
- How we enter the experience of grief through different portals ( the “5 gates”)
- A simple ritual for sharing our collective grief (for healthcare workers and others)
The broken heart has the capacity to respond to the sorrows of the world with meaning … and love.Francis Weller
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Francis Weller’s website
- Get the book The Wild Edge of Sorrow
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it)
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest Patron: Robinette Williams; your contributions make all the difference!
Why honoring grief is necessary to save the planet.