Learn how people in Italy are coping with the COVID-19 pandemic and what they would like us to know as we follow a similar path.
For the past few weeks we’ve been hearing heartbreaking reports from Italy about the devastation caused by COVID-19 and the efforts there to stop the spread of the virus. My special guest this week is my friend Claire Duiker who lives in Florence, Italy and will give us a personal view of day-to-day life under lockdown in her community. She shares her own coping process and what we can learn from Italy’s long history of suffering due to wars, plagues and invasions. Claire is a tour guide who is usually traveling this time of year in her job with Customwalks.com.
This episode includes:
- The current status of the COVID-19 pandemic in Italy
- What life is like for Claire under lockdown
- How she is coping with her own stages of grief and loss while being isolated
- The magnitude of this global event and why it is a privilege to witness history-in-the-making
- How Italy’s long history of suffering through wars, plagues and invasions has led to a legacy of resilience
- How the family-centered people of Italy are coping with being separated from dying loved ones
- How isolation can help us confront our own egos and gradually become better people
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely, the world offers itself to your imagination …”Mary Oliver – Wild Geese
Links mentioned in this episode:
- FREE course on Advance Directives: www.eoluniversity.com/roadmapcourse
- NHPCO COVID-19 Shared Decision-Making Tool
- Observe the Ninth
- Leave a message for me at SpeakPipe.com/eolu and I’ll include it in a future episode!
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!