Learn how a “soul companion” for the dying helps ease the fear of death.
My guest Judy Hilyard worked as an ICU nurse during her 47-year career and now serves as an Anam Cara, or “soul friend” to the dying. In addition she also fulfills the role of an Anam Aira by accompanying people through the process of death to “the other side of the Veil.” She shares her experiences and how this work helps free people from the fear of death and resolve their spiritual pain. Judy is the author of Soul Companion: A Memoir which chronicles her training and work on both sides of the veil. Learn more about her work at her website:
This episode includes:
- How Judy became an Anam Cara/Aira
- What is the difference between an Anam Cara and an Anam Aira
- The 4 Spiritual Pains of the dying according to Richard Groves
- How Judy developed her skill in accompanying the dying
- How a soul companion can help ease the fear of death
- How Judy’s experiences showed her there is no hell
- How this work has changed the way Judy lives her life
- What to do if you feel inspired to become an Anam Cara
Links mentioned in this episode:
- FREE Legacy Love Letter Workshop with Willow EOL on 6/25/21: Register here
- My NEW Podcast: What Really Matters: Everyday Spirituality
- Sacred Art of Living Center – Richard Groves
- Monroe Institute
- Going Home CD’s
- Judy’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the 2021 online reading group A Year of Reading Dangerously at this link
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!