Learn how understanding the integral model can help us cope with crisis and reduce conflict with our fellow humans.
In this solo episode I share some concepts based on Ken Wilber’s integral theory to help us understand why we are at a breaking point in our fragmented society right now. We will look at some new ways of viewing the world and tips for getting through our current crises by strengthening our core values, discerning the truth, and maximizing our ability to make a difference in the world without becoming exhausted.
This episode includes:
- Three conflicting perspectives on life and the world that are fragmenting our society
- Traditional – “The Good”
- Rational – “The True”
- Pluralistic – “The Beautiful”
- The positive and negative aspects of each perspective
- Why each perspective dislikes and distrusts the other two perspectives
- How the Integral Perspective transcends and includes each of the other three perspectives (The Good, The True, and The Beautiful)
- Tips for maintaining an Integral Perspective
- Focus on your core values (what really matters), strengthen them and learn to return to your core during times of stress
- Find the truth by learning to listen to your intuition
- Care for yourself and others by learning to prioritize your efforts
- Manage your fear and anger
- Take actions that are clear, focused, impactful, vetted
- Preserve your energy for the long haul
- How Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs can help you decide where to put your energy
- Why we are susceptible to conspiracy theories during times of great stress
Links mentioned in this episode:
- IANDS 2020 Virtual Conference
- Interview on Grief2Growth Podcast with Brian Smith
- Interview on We Don’t Die Radio with Sandra Champlain
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Get 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying here
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest Patrons: Debi Schauss. Your contributions make all the difference!