Learn what it takes to bring your compassionate presence more fully to others in challenging circumstances.
In this solo episode I discuss how to be a person who makes every situation better simply by being there. Scientific studies have shown that by cultivating greater coherence in the heart’s energy field we can make a positive impact on the people around us who are going through difficulties. I share some tasks to focus on to help develop your own ability to be fully present with a compassionate heart for the good of everyone in our society.
This episode includes:
- The heart’s electromagnetic field is the most powerful in the body according to the HeartMath Institute
- Coherence occurs when there is harmony between body, mind, spirit, and emotions
- Coherent energy from one person helps create calmer energy for other people
- End-of-life workers can make a big difference for patients and families by increasing the coherence of their own heart energy
- 5 tasks to make difficult times better:
- Be willing to show up when things fall apart
- Be a safe container
- Be a deep listener
- Be a truth-teller
- Be a way-shower
Heart coherence serves as a facilitator, adding strength and effectiveness to your care, compassion, intentions and actions to help the world.Heartmath Institute
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Get the book: What Really Matters
- Episode 217: Living a Death-Aware Life
- HeartMath Institute Website
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update and movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my newest Patrons: Raquel Wiltbank-Mateo and Karen Coupe; your contributions make all the difference!