In this 4-part series of solo episodes I’m sharing wisdom about the intertwining of life and death in a perfect dance that spirals throughout eternity. Today I talk about rhythm, which is an essential element of any dance. Learn how the rhythm of nature and the universe includes both stillness and motion, waiting and movement, and how we can find peace and hope by surrendering to this rhythm as it unfolds in the moment. These thoughts are derived from my book: What Really Matters: 7 Lessons for Living from the Stories of the Dying.
I hope you can join me in New York City at the Open Center for this event and my workshop on September 6th and 7th!!
This episode includes:
- Why it’s important that rhythm contains both stillness and movement, whether in dance, music, or the written word
- The power of the liminal space of waiting for an uncertain outcome
- Why spiritual growth requires learning how to return to the rhythm of nature and the universe
- How to surrender to the natural rhythm of living and dying and why it benefits us
- How we can discover our connection to every other being on the planet when we remain in rhythm and open to synchronicity
Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change – this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 206 Part 1: Timing
- Episode 207 Part 2: Balance
- Art of Dying Author Series with Karen Wyatt MD – September 6, 2019 – Open Center, NYC
- Workshop: Earth Lessons for the Soul – September 7, 2019 – Open Center, NYC
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it)
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new patrons, Colleen Shea and Mary V. Jensen–your contributions mean everything to me!