Learn about Bodhi’s training program for death doulas on Maui and how to restore the sacred aspect of dying.
My guest Bodhi Be is an ordained Sufi minister, teacher, guide, funeral director, and bereavement counselor on the island of Maui. He is also the founder and director of the International Death Doula Certificate Training program, which is going on its 4th year. We talk about the sacred aspect of death and dying and the importance of death doulas. Learn more at his website:
This episode includes:
- Bodhi’s long journey from becoming a hospice volunteer to mentoring death doulas
- Why people need to wake up to plan the importance of planning and preparing for death
- How hospice care has changed over the years
- Why he started The Death Store and what it offers
- How death doulas are changing the conversation about death and dying for the better
- The International Death Doula training he offers annually
- His future vision of a conservation burial ground and a guest house for the dying
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Bodhi’s website
- Beautiful Dying Expo – November 2, 2019, San Diego CA
- Spirituality and Chronic Illness Course
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it)
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, your contributions mean everything to me!