The story of my long journey of healing after my father’s suicide death – told in a series of 8 episodes.
Part 4: The Bicycle
If you are currently experiencing a crisis or feeling hopeless please know that you are not alone. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for free and confidential support available 24/7 for people in distress:
or Text HELLO to 741-741.
This episode consists of:
- Dad’s difficult childhood
- How Adverse Childhood Experiences are associated with suicide in adulthood
- Low self-esteem as a factor in Dad’s death
- The ongoing guilt experienced by suicide survivors over missed clues
- An excerpt from my story: “Two Souls in cognito”
- A message of hope for those grieving a suicide and for anyone who might be considering suicide at this time:
Please don’t give up. There is light in the darkness, there is love for you, there is grace. I have survived and I am here to spread hope.
Please call 1-800-273-8255 for help if you are thinking about suicide.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/end-of-life-university/id1033282990