Learn about a groundbreaking new educational series about end-of-life care for veterans and their loved ones.
My return guest this week is Dr. Qwynn Galloway-Salazar, an Army veteran, end-of-life doula, educator and the founder of In Their Honor, LLC, an organization dedicated to re-imagining end-of-life care for veterans and their families. Qwynn recently collaborated with PsychArmor Institute to launch Course 1 of the “Caring for Veterans Through the End of Life Series,” which provides online education for veterans, their loved ones, caregivers and healthcare providers around compassionate end-of-life care for veterans. She’ll discuss her own journey to realizing this goal and why this series is a game-changer. Learn more about Qwynn’s work and the course at these websites:
This episode includes:
- What inspired Qwynn to create this course
- Her remarkable 2 year journey to realize this goal
- Why some of the issues facing veterans at the end of life and unique and need to be recognized
- Who can benefit from this free course
- Why end-of-life education is important for veterans and their loved ones
- Why healthcare providers in all specialties could use additional training in working with veterans in a compassionate manner
- The importance of developing “compassionate communities” for everyone
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Check out my 2 new books: The Tao of Death and Stories from the Dark Night
- Previous interview with Qwynn Galloway-Salazar: Episode 324
- Interview with Wes Moldogo and Lauren Grigsby: Episode 416
- Get EOLU Podcast Merch here
- Conversations on Death with ChatGPT – Audiobook here; Print Book here
- Leave me a message by email: email@example.com, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and receive free gifts like the “Mind if we talk about death?” mini-poster or Love Your Life sticker or coffee mug. PLUS get our regular bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, occasional movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
- Buy me a coffee
- Donate on Paypal
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu and my newest donors on PayPal Kimberly James and Gaja Andzel! Also many thanks to Ann Hyland for buying me coffee! Your contributions make all the difference and ensure this podcast stays ad-free.