Learn how Treya Wilber’s spiritual practice helped her transcend fear and die consciously as told in Ken Wilber’s book Grace and Grit.
In this episode I share a powerful and heartfelt interview with Ken Wilber where we discuss the subject of “Conscious Dying” and how the life and death of his wife Treya so beautifully teach us to live and die consciously, as told in the book Grace and Grit.
I’m still in Italy as this broadcast airs but will be returning to Colorado in a few days. Check out the photos from my last days of travel on Instagram and Facebook!
Hopefully I’ve made progress on my new book, too!
As always this podcast is made possible through your generous donations at Patreon.com/eolu. Thank you so much to those of you who have been chipping in every month to help defray the costs of producing and broadcasting this podcast and the End-of-Life University Interview Series! Go to Patreon.com/eolu to become a patron!
Whether or not death and dying are issues that concern you at this time in your life, you will find value in listening to Ken’s discussion of this important subject. Each of us must come to terms with our mortality in the physical realm and be prepared for an unknown future. Each of us also must face losing those we deeply love, and caring for them through illness and adversity.
We can learn from Ken and Treya’s experiences how to love totally and consciously during our lifetimes – and how to let go of that love and life itself when that time arrives for us.
This interview will cover:
- The meaning of “conscious dying” from a spiritual perspective
- Ken’s caregiver journey and how it became his spiritual path
- How Ken and Treya “carried one another’s pain” during the course of her illness and dying process
- The Buddhist practice of tonglen and why it was important to Treya
- How the term “passionate equanimity” describes Treya’s approach to living and dying
Ken Wilber is a philosopher, sage, author and integral theorist who has been called “the Einstein of Consciousness.” He is:
- The most translated writer on consciousness studies in the United States
- Author of 22 books on spirituality and science –
- A Theory of Everything
- A Brief History of Everything
- Sex, Ecology and Spirituality
- The Integral Vision
- Creator of Integral Theory – a model for organizing different perspectives of life and consciousness
His book Grace and Grit chronicles the life and death of his second wife Treya Killam Wilber.
Get Grace and Grit on Amazon.
I hope you enjoyed this interview and have been inspired to take up your own spiritual practice to help you live with “passionate equanimity.”
There will be a new episode every Monday so come back again and learn with me! If you like this content please leave a review on iTunes.
Until next week…
Face Your Fears. BE Ready. Love Your Life.