Learn about a course to help healthcare providers heal the pain of grief and why it’s important right now.
My two guests this week both share a passion for the full circle of life from birth to death. Amy Wright Glenn is a birth doula, hospital chaplain, author, and founder of The Institute for the Study of Birth, Death and Breath. Nicole Heidbreder is a labor and delivery and hospice nurse who teaches workshops for both birth doulas and end-of-life doulas. We will discuss the overwhelming grief affecting healthcare workers, particularly now in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic and the course Amy and Nicole have created to help providers heal from multiple losses and trauma.
Learn more about Amy’s work: www.birthbreathanddeath.com
Learn more about Nicole’s work: www.gracefulfusion.com
This episode includes:
- The connection between birth and death
- Why grief work is important for healthcare providers
- Why grief is largely a neglected subject in the training of healthcare providers
- How the COVID-19 pandemic is compounding grief for medical workers right now
- Practices that may be helpful for healthcare providers in the moment
- What we can learn from the isolation and boundaries that COVID-19 is making essential in our society
- What the online course Grief Work for Healthcare Providers consists of and how to join
Links mentioned in this episode:
- FREE Course on Advance Directives here
- Observe the Ninth
- Vigil for Ailing Loved Ones When We Can’t Be Together – podcast
- Amy’s Institute for the Study of Birth, Death and Breath website
- Nicole’s Graceful Fusion website
- Grief Work for Healthcare Providers Course
- Leave a message for me at SpeakPipe.com/eolu and I’ll include it in a future episode!
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!