Learn some ways to navigate the holidays if you find yourself short of joy and overwhelmed with darkness this year.
The holidays are not always joyful, particularly when we are dealing with grief or loss. Watching others celebrate can be painful if we are feeling lost and alone in our suffering. Here are some suggestions for coping with dark times and finding the way to joy.
This episode includes:
- Why times of darkness are essential for life and growth
- How major holidays near the winter solstice include light as part of the celebration
- Why we need to embrace the darkness rather than resist it
- How to bring in the light
- How to redefine joy as joie de vivre (the joy of being alive)
- Discovering that joy is already within you
- Why stillness is essential to cultivate joy
- Overcoming the obstacles to joy
- The importance of giving to others even when you are going through difficult times
Dark times provide an incubator for the soul to grow in creativity, love and joy.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Tune in every Monday for a new episode! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!