In this episode Dr. Wyatt shares some ideas for helping others during this holiday season. The best antidote to despair is to care for someone else!
If you’d like to support this podcast and the End-of-Life University Interview Series you can visit our donation page at Patreon.com/eolu.
Here are some suggestions for reaching out to others in need during the holidays:
- Visit a patient in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- Bring music to a nursing facility with a choir or band
- Visit an elderly neighbor in their home
- Take a meal to a shut-in
- Help elderly patients address holiday cards
- Put up holiday decorations for a frail or ill person
- Care for a pet for a hospice patient
- Shovel snow for an elderly neighbor
- Prepare a meal for a grieving family
- Read holiday stories to patients at a nursing home
- Help a hospice patient find gifts to give to loved ones
- Provide childcare for a family dealing with grief or illness
No matter how you spend the upcoming holidays (Winter Solstice, Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza), or with whom you celebrate, may you have an abundance of light and joy and love in your life. Many blessings to you and those you love!