Learn about the beauty of full-body burial at sea and why it is becoming a more popular alternative.
My guest Olivia Bareham is a certified Death Midwife, Home Funeral Guide, Interfaith Minister and Funeral Celebrant. She is the founder of the Sacred Crossings Institute, which provides education for death midwifery and home funeral support and of the Sacred Crossings Funeral Home. Today she discusses full-body sea burials and other unique alternatives she offers at her funeral home. Learn more at the website:
This episode includes:
- How Olivia first became interested in home funerals
- How Olivia is “paying forward” the mentoring she received as she was learning about home funerals
- Death as a teacher and a gift
- What inspired Olivia to start an alternative funeral home
- What is full-body sea burial
- How families and loved ones can participate in a sea burial
- How to plan a full-body sea burial
- Who might consider a sea burial for themselves or for a loved one
- How Olivia facilitates rituals for families of ICU patients who are being taken off life support
- How stillbirth services help parents with their overwhelming grief
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Register for Q&A Session with William Peters on At Heaven’s Door here
- Leave me a message by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference.