Learn how to find more clarity about your life’s purpose and why it’s not just about choosing the right career path.
In Part 3 of the Mortal Wisdom Series I’ll discuss the lesson of Purpose and how we can unravel the mystery of why we are here in this sometimes crazy world. These are the lessons we can learn from our mortality and how to thrive in life while knowing that death awaits. Listen to Parts 1 and 2 first if you haven’t heard them yet!
This episode includes:
- The difference between “inner” and “outer” purpose
- Why it’s important to recognize that there is a larger reason for our existence
- Why we must change ourselves before we try to change the world
- Steps to discovering your inner purpose:
- Awaken to the fact that you are here to learn
- Look for recurring themes in your life so far
- Journal about the pain and suffering you have experienced since they often center around your inner purpose
- How the Japanese concept of “ikigai” can help you find your outer purpose
- What you love
- What you are good at
- What the world needs
- What you can be paid for
- Why your outer purpose should align with you inner purpose
- Why you need to let go of attachment to your outer purpose and accept change in your life
If you touch one thing with deep awareness, you touch everything.
– Thich Nhat Hahn
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Ikigai article and graph
- Mortal Wisdom Part 1 and Part 2
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu
- Make a one-time donation here
- Get access to the EOLU mug by becoming a Patron:
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new patrons and faithful donors Lynda Richardson, Molly Byock, and Jozie Rabyor!