Learn the importance of forgiveness for moving forward in society, personal life, and spiritual growth.
In Part 5 of the Mortal Wisdom Series I’ll discuss why Forgiveness is an especially important skill to learn in the midst of our culture of constant outrage. We cannot solve today’s problems unless we learn how to lay down the bitterness and resentment that keep our energy stuck in the past. These are the lessons we can learn from our mortality and how to thrive in life while knowing that death awaits. Listen to Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 first if you haven’t heard them yet!
This episode includes:
- Why there is so much outrage in our society today
- Why we need to remember our interconnectedness and interdependence in order to solve the problems we are facing
- How hospice patients focus on forgiveness as they face the end of life
- How forgiveness benefits health, relationships and spiritual growth
- Why forgiveness should be an intentional, daily practice
- Tools for practicing forgiveness
- the “4-View” Process for forgiveness
Forgiveness is the fragrance a flower gives when it is crushed.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- A Year of Reading Dangerously online reading group
- Spiritual Journeys in Chronic Illness Course
- Beautiful Dying Expo – Nov. 2-3, 2019 – San Diego CA
- Mortal Wisdom Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the new EOLU mug (only Patrons can purchase it)!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new Patrons, Mary Ellen Shea and Jan Wessell and to Licha Kelley-King for upping your pledge!