Here are some books you may not have heard of
but might want to read!
In this episode I’ll share with you some books that have come across my desk in the past year. While these books didn’t become New York Times bestsellers they each contain valuable wisdom and information that you will enjoy. Check these out and find something new to read this Autumn!
Death Expo 2017 is coming soon! If you’ve signed up for the End-of-Life University mailing list you’ll automatically receive access to this special series on November 16-17, 2017. You’ll hear presentations from popular speakers such as Caleb Wilde, author of Confessions of a Funeral Director, Stephen Jenkinson and Jerrigrace Lyons and you’ll learn about grassroots movements like The Dinner Party: Life After Loss and Go Wish, the end-of-life planning game.
Support for this podcast comes from your generous donations through my page at Patreon.com/eolu. This week I’d like to thank my latest patron Libby Gallaher! Thank you Libby and all of the other patrons out there who are helping to defray the financial costs of this podcast and also offering me your emotional and support! You are greatly appreciated! To become a patron go to Patreon.com/eolu.
Here are the books I’m featuring this year. Listen to the podcast to hear a brief description of each book or click the link to read more:
- I Will Die: A Creative Journal for Mortals by Jessica Featherly Deep Down Press
- Beyond the Veil to Heaven: Inexplicable Manifestations and Signs From a Woman’s Transition to Heaven while Maintaining Earthly Life Connections by Ward Edward Barcafer Jr.
- Choosing to Die: A Personal Story about VSED by Phyllis Shacter
- Launching Vee’s Chariot: An End-of-Life Tale by Kate Riley
- A Chance to Say Goodbye: Reflections on Losing a Parent by Lisa J. Shultz
- Empty Jacket by Vicky Bates
- When Death Comes Knocking for Your Patients: A Guide for Nurses and Palliative Caregivers by Meina Dubetz RN
- “I Don’t Have Time for This” A Compassionate Guide to Caring for Your Parents and Yourself by Katherine Arnup
- Living with Dying: A Complete Guide for Caregivers by Jahnna Beecham and Katie Ortlip RN
- A Matter of Life and Death: 60 Voices Share their Wisdom by Rosalind Bradley
- Journey’s End: Death, Dying and the End of Life by Victoria Brewster and Julie Nierenberg
- Embracing the End of Life: A Journey Into Dying and Awakening by Patt Lind-Kyle MA
- From Behind the Harp: Music in End of Life Care by Jane Franz, CM-TH and Sandra LaForge, CM-TH
- The Death Café Movement: Exploring the Horizons of Mortality by Jack Fong
Join me next week for another new episode. If you enjoy this content please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes! Thank you!!
Until next time remember ….
Face Your Fear. BE Ready. Love Your Life.