Learn about an innovative training that helps restore death as a natural component of life.
In this episode my guest Jeanne Denney discusses her School of Unusual Life Learning and how she helps people embrace a life that includes aging and dying. We talk about the harmful consequences of living in a society that separates death from life and ignores the natural wisdom available through embracing death. You’ll learn how Jeanne’s training can help death workers discover new tools for their work and how to enroll in her school. Learn more about SoULL here:
This episode includes:
- How Jeanne transitioned from teaching about death to starting a school and life processes
- Why Western “life education” has fostered a split between our concepts of living and dying
- The consequences of our separation from the natural world
- The definition of “life force movement” and why it should replace our notion of life and death as opposites
- How people doing death work can benefit from training in energy and consciousness
- Why new ways of thinking are necessary in order to change our death care system
- Training offered through SoULL: School of Unusual Life Learning
“You never change anything by fighting the existing reality. Build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.”Buckminster Fuller
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Jeanne’s previous interview: Presence as a Tool for Relating to Non-Verbal Patients
- Learn about SoULL
- Jeanne’s YouTube Channel
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!