Learn about the importance of healing the emotions and the soul along with the body during serious illness.
My guest Lesley Wirth is a poet and writer who has a Masters Degree in Spiritual Psychology. She helps women experiencing a “dark night of the soul” by helping them deal with fear and spiritual and emotional pain, including after being diagnosed with serious illness. Lesley is the creator of the programs Poetry for Healing and The Power of Your Intuition. She discusses her work using poetry in workshops and also teaching how to access intuition. Learn more about her work at her website:
This episode includes:
- Lesley’s story of a “dark night of the soul”
- How a diagnosis of serious illness can lead to an over-focus on the physical aspects of illness while leaving out the emotional and spiritual
- Why healing requires more than just a physical approach
- How to deal with fear and anxiety during difficult times
- Why “positive psychology” may bypass the areas where deep healing is actually needed
- How poetry can help with healing
- Why medical providers could benefit from approaching illness as more than just a physical problem
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Register for IANDS Spring Symposium
- Get the book Conversations on Death with ChatGPT
- Lesley’s Workshop on The Power of Your Intuition
- Leave me a message by email: email@example.com, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and receive free gifts like the “Mind if we talk about death?” mini-poster or Love Your Life sticker or coffee mug. PLUS get our regular bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, occasional movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
- Buy me a coffee
- Donate on Paypal
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, and to Robin Bissell for your donation on Paypal! Your contributions make all the difference.