Learn how common it is for people to have complicated financial issues to deal with after the death of a loved one and how this company can help.
My guest Matthew Van Drimmelen is the owner and founder of Full-Circle Aftercare, a company he created to help people deal with the stress and worry of settling estate issues after the death of a loved one. He shares some of the major issues families need help with after death and how they work with funeral homes and hospices to offer their services. Learn more at the website:
This episode includes:
- How this company works with families to help them tie up loose ends
- The “hidden surprises” families sometimes overlook when trying to settle an estate
- How Matt’s staff does investigative work to help families sort out the financial, insurance, property, tax, investment, and retirement accounts of their loved ones
- Why these services are necessary even when the family has an estate attorney
- How the company creates step-by-step plans to help survivors get back on their feet after a death
- Why it matters how and when you notify financial institutions about a loved one’s death
- Why fraud protection may be necessary after a death occurs
- The difference between power of attorney and executorship and why it matters
- The challenges of settling estate issues faced by people who are grieving
- Why helping people with these after-death issues is gratifying and helps prevent grief overload in this work
- What we should be doing now to make things easier for our loved ones after we die
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Check out my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/eoluniversity
- A Year of Reading Dangerously – Register here
- Book recommendation: The Language of Loss: Poetry and Prose for Grieving and Celebrating the Love of Your Life by Barbara Abercrombie
- Leave me a message by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Support your local bookstore by buying my books on Bookshop and Indiebound: 7 Lessons for Living from the Dying and The Journey from Ego to Soul
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu, especially my patrons Sherrill Shimek for updating your pledge! Your contributions make all the difference.