Learn about the obstacles facing the end-of-life movement as we try to improve our approach to death and dying in society.
In Part 2 of this discussion I’ll look at the major “threats” to the advancement of improved care for the dying and dead in our society and how we might overcome them. Be sure to listen to Part 1 and download the original article below if you want to know more.
The links mentioned in this episode include:
A Year of Reading Dangerously reading group – http://eoluniversity.com/yearofreading
Get the Teaching Guidelines for a Death & Dying Class if you are interested in teaching your own class. You’ll be on the mailing list for the next Work Group for Death & Dying Class Teachers.
Sign up for the guidelines here.
Learn about our upcoming Work Group here
Today we will discuss the potential threats or obstacles to advancing the end-of-life movement in our society:
- Lure of technology that attracts people to seek more and more treatment at the end of life rather than seeking out alternatives.
- Desire for convenience
- Fear of pain
Take-away messages from this 2-part series include:
- We need a unified message for the cause of improving our society’s approach to death and dying.
- Educate, educate, educate.
- Create public-professional coalitions in every community
- Be in it for the long haul
Remember to tune in every Monday for a new episode and if you enjoy this content consider leaving a review on iTunes. Until next week …